Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Bringing the trials

A dear friend of mine (who will remain nameless) and I recently had a phone conversation in which we were recounting the various "trials" that we have been faced with in the past months and agreed to pray for one another that we would ask God to "continue bringing them" until we learned the lesson we were supposed to learn. (Admitting that we were often grumbling and not receiving them in the spirit that we should.)

This post is a testimony to the reality of the power of prayer.

Needless to say I've had one of the worst random health years I can remember. Kids came down with fevers on Sunday---today I literally was maybe on my feet for a total of three hours---and yes, I do have 2 kids at home.

Conclusion: Walgreen's clinic says I have "one of the worst cases of step she's seen in quite some time" with a nice dose of ear infection on the side-just for kicks! It really has brought back a sense of nostalgia as I haven't been stricken with either in at least 15+ years. Bring on the antibiotics for the 3rd time in 3 months!

But seriously, it really is in times of "trial" that we can trust that God has a purpose for all things and cares for us more than we can imagine -not to mention, my sweet family has been awesome.

I will try and let this one pass with a better attitude and heart of thankfulness.

No comments: