Wednesday, August 19, 2009

big week for Ethan






This week has already been filled with two big milestones for Ethan---turning 6 and starting "real" school. He has been so excited and it has been fun to watch him jump right in to Kindergarden with no problem. I thought I would be fine, but have to be honest that I was a bit emotional seeing him walk in that door. If pareting is just a series of gradually letting go, I feel like that was one of the first steps. The days up to this point seemed long, but looking back now the years seem short. OK, this sounds totally depressing....sorry. We are all looking forward to getting back into a routine and of course I still love shopping for school supplies. Nothing like the smell of a brand new Trapper Keeper (that's for all you 80's crowd).

3 comments:

Jenna said...

not depressing...bittersweet. i'm glad he's doing so well!

Alana said...

How are you holding up? The first day (yesterday) was rough for me, but today was much better! Hope he is enjoying school!

Catherine said...

Such an exciting time! Happy Birthday Ethan!