Funny how I never planned to leave my best friend in Tennessee or see my college buddies scatter across the country. I have watched many friends move away (you know who you are)--but all the while seeing how God brings certain people into your life if even for a small time for a specific purpose. I pray that my boys will have those kind of lifelong friends- it truly is a blessing.
On to lighter topics: We made it to the dentist this week- a new dentist , Dr. Stephanie Whitley, that we loved! The office was totally cool and full of superheros and Disney characters. Ethan did great, although it made him a bit "nervous" as he put it. Andrew screamed his head off- what do you expect from a 1 year old? I realize that after going through the tooth drama with Ethan ( for those who don't know- he chipped it, and we eventually had to have it pulled when he was about 18 mos. --all the while as he is in a straight jacket screaming "No want this!") that I am terrified of Andrew doing the same thing. He is totally accident prone right now and falls every time he walks. No big deal- "they're going to fall out anyway" I keep reminding myself. Oh well.
Anyway, the rule in our house is that if you have to go to the doctor (or dentist) then you get a treat afterwards. So after our visit we headed out to get Ethan a webkinz- ever been to Webkinz world? It's out of control. I can see the appeal- it almost reminds me of the Sims game. He picked out a tree frog which he has creatively named "froggy". All the kids at his school have them and so this was a thrill for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment